Yay, fried foods! E.P. assembles some great links of interesting developments in the deep-fried world.
Eddie Pensier writes:
- The cronut is so last year. Now there exists a “Ramnut”, a confection made out of ramen noodles. (And don’t tell me you didn’t have one fleeting dirty thought at the sight of the word “Ramnut”, because I won’t believe you.)
- Have you ever had toasted ravioli? “Toasted”, in this case, is a euphemism for “deep-fried”. They’re delicious.
- A rundown of all the awesomely unhealthy fried foods you can get at the Texas State Fair, including fried blueberry muffin, fried baked potato, and fried Sriracha.
- Things that can go wrong when you try to deep-fry a Thanksgiving turkey. If you want a fried bird but you’d rather not risk similar catastrophes, several Pensier family friends enthusiastically recommend mail-ordering from Jive Turkey.
- Any connoisseur of fried foods will tell you that fresh oil is a must. Now it seems that stale oil is not just…
View original post 101 more words